July 5 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
NOTE: Due to the corona virus, this event has been cancelled. That doesn’t mean that you can’t get out and enjoy exploring our island beaches at this low tide opportunity. We just can’t hold a public event at this time.
At the site:
There is limited parking at this site, so please minimize your use of the space and carpool if possible.
What to expect when you join us on the beach:
- Look for the naturalists wearing neon green vests.
- Wear shoes or boots that can get wet. You will be walking in the shallow water along the shore for much of the time. Tall rubber boots are the footwear of choice.
- The beach can be much colder than the rest of the island, so wear layers that you can add as necessary.
- Kids are great explorers; dogs should not be brought to these events.
- You might want the added stability of a hiking stick as the rocks can be very slippery when wet and covered with seaweed; one beach access involves a scramble over the rocks.