BI Park and Recreation District is cutting down a nicely-berried holly tree at the wooded area by Owen’s Playground and the Rotary Park ballfield. This will improve three major community resources: 1) The park itself, which will be liberated from a seed-producing invasive holly tree; 2) The free, bundled holly bunches will come with a label explaining why holly is bad, how to dispose of it, and what to plant instead; and 3) Attract shoppers to the Waterfront Thrift Store Holiday Sale at the BI Senior Community Center. This annual sale is an important source of funding for the BI Senior Center, an amazingly important resource for people of all ages.
- Wednesday, Nov. 24 from 2-4 pm – Help with bundling and, if you like, choose the choicest branches for your own decorating. Location: the rear of the Senior Center.
- Friday, Nov. 26 from 1-3pm – Organize the holly into bunches small, medium and large to give away the next day and choose your own for decorating. Location: the rear of the Senior Center
- Saturday, Nov. 27 from 9am until gone – Help with the public giveaway by distributing the free holly and cleaning up afterwards.
- Email Jeannette at [email protected] or
- Text 206-755-8461. While it is fine to just show up, it is very helpful to know who will be where when. Almost all work will be outside and we will be masked if in close proximity.